So I put a layer of fiberglass insulation between the bowl and the heat shield and decided to go for it. 1023 Gr was all the Moka Kadir I had left, so I chose that. Let me say that it mixes very well in the bread mixer with the bowl on top. I did not let it preheat, but just turned it on high and watched what happened. Well, I do have to mount the thermocouple in the bowl, at least for reference consistency. It got up to where the beans were just turning hay colored and the bread machine beeeped and stopped stirring! Somehow it figured it was overheating although I have all the sensors tucked away down under. So I quickly dumped the beans, removed the bowl and 4 quick screws later had all the sheet metal off of it again (ugly now). The mixer started, so I put the bowl on, put the stirrer in, and continued on. Slowly it went up to about 450F. None of the beans are burned, none look under roasted. Everything looks fine. My concern is that with all the messing around it took about 38 minutes! Also, the beans cooled down to less than 250F during that time. This is something you want to do outside on a fireproof table and/or a cement patio. There is lots of chaff and smoke generated. When you take the turbo oven off you need to set it down safely. The bowl should be insulated so the heat doesn't leak out the sides of it. The thermocouple should be attached, above the stirrer and below the top of the bean mass. The drive motor and electronics should be protected from the turbo heat. It worked fine after the sheet metal was off, but that leaves everything exposed to flying chaff. This unit will probably roast nearly 2 KG if it is preheated. It will roast as little as 60Gr... no need to roast less than that ;) PeterZ Roasting way too much coffee now, here in LHC.