The next day I ground and brewed a pot of my bread mixer turbo roast. It
was not really roasted I think, because it tasted, well, grassy is the
best way to describe it.
And it left a very long lasting grassy aftertaste (yuck).
Since I hate to throw away beans (never give up), and because I just got
back from Phoenix, and they have been in a sealed jar for about a week,
I decided I needed to do something with them.
Open the jar.. wow.. they really smell great, but look a bit pale I think.
So I weighed out 150 gr.
You know when I used to work in a kitchen, we would pre cook french
fries, so they could just be refried and served.. quicker that way.
My 1023 gr is ruined anyway, so what the hey.
They did not roast quicker. It still took eight minutes to get to 450F.
In my trusty P1.
The did not do first or second crack, at least none I could tell.
They did get darker :)
I stopped the roast when they started to get a bit shiny.. and had
thoughts running through my head of maybe this is what roasting wood
stove pellets would be like....
They are resting now (again).
Will report the results.
Still hate to waste good beans, here in LHC.