This is about coffee.
Yesterday I made some chocolate. From cocoa beans I got from Alchemist John.
Not being one to follow instructions completely, I ground the sugar with
a flour mill, added a bit of lecithin and cocoa butter and two cups of
sugar to my pound of beans and stirred the whole thing with an Oster
electric mixer for 24 hrs while keeping it heated at @ 130 F with a hair
Did I mention that I initially wrung the juice out of the beans with a
Champion food processor? And roasted them too, before that.
The mixer stood up admirably.
The chocolate is to die for.
Now comes the coffee part.
I have these little ice cube trays that make ice cubes shaped like gum
drops. ( K- Mart). In each of these gumdrops I dropped a roasted
Monsooned Malabar bean, then filled the tray with chocolate.
Into the fridge it went, and I just now tried it.
What a great flavor!!
but the beans are a bit too hard to chew easily.
Very difficult to eat just one however.
Gosh, I had devoured 6 or seven before I forced myself to quit.
I have had samples of chocolate coated beans at different places, and
the beans are always chewable.
However, not as good as mine!
So I figured mine would be soft and chewable also.
Well, MY chocolate coated beans are much better than anything you have
ever tried (I bet), but I would like to use softer beans.
Any ideas about what beans to use?
Or should I just keep experimenting?
Not a bad thing.
Then there is the licking the mixers bit.
Funny how chocolate tastes so good on a mixer blade.
And the bowl! Wow!
Spatula is just not quick enough!
Another thing. Does any one else get dizzy from eating chocolate? Seems
to affect me that way.
At least dizzier than usual. Kind of like when I have had several cups
But with chocolate it doesn't take very much.
Perhaps it is because this chocolate is fresh.
Nothing to do with not being able to stop eating it.
Of course not!
May have a new addiction now, here in LHC.