HomeRoast Digest


Topic: OT: US FDA bans Vegemite (4 msgs / 139 lines)
1) From: Brett Mason
I don't care much for Vegemite - or Marmite, the British variant.  But
many of my friends love toast, with butter and *mite, respectively...
Definitely an acquired taste!
A lot like coffee or beer for that matter!
Now scientifically, there is a rumor that all people who eat marmite
or vegemite are either dead or in the process of dieing.  This should
raise concerns for us all.  Same may be true of H2O...
Brett
On 10/22/06, Aaron  wrote:
<Snip>
-- 
Cheers,
Bretthttp://homeroast.freeservers.com

2) From: Michael Wascher
We vacationed in Austraia last year. When in Sydney we started the day with
breakfast the same cafe.
To keep it on topic, we frequented the cafe because they had an espresso
machine & good coffee (not roasted there, but locally with frequent
deliveries ... the roaster deemed their espresso roast best after 2 weeks of
rest).
In any case, we became regulars and made some friends. The day we left
Australia, they found that Jean hadn't tried vegemite so the owner, Otto,
gave her toast with a thin spread of vegemite.
Her response was: "You eat this stuff? Voluntarily!?"
--MikeW
On 10/22/06, Aaron  wrote:
<Snip>
-- 
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
  - Aldous Huxley

3) From: Dave Ehrenkranz
--Apple-Mail-3-700573876
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charsetO-8859-1;
	format=flowed
We like Marmite or Vegemite in our family. While it may be an 
"acquired" taste to many it was readily acquired by us. I also find at =
a young age I readily acquired a taste for scotch but never acquired a =
taste for regular whiskey.
And yes,  I definitely like coffee.
dave
On Oct 22, 2006, at 8:30 AM, Michael Wascher wrote:
<Snip>
<Snip>
<Snip>
--Apple-Mail-3-700573876
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Type: text/enriched;
	charsetO-8859-1
We like Marmite or Vegemite in our family. While it may be an
"acquired" taste to many it was readily acquired by us. I also find at
a young age I readily acquired a taste for scotch but never acquired a
taste for regular whiskey.
And yes,  I definitely like coffee.
dave
On Oct 22, 2006, at 8:30 AM, Michael Wascher wrote:
We vacationed in Austraia last year. When in Sydney we
started the day with breakfast the same cafe.
 To keep it on topic, we frequented the cafe because they had an
espresso machine & good coffee (not roasted there, but locally with
frequent deliveries ... the roaster deemed their espresso roast best
after 2 weeks of rest). 
 In any case, we became regulars and made some friends. The day we
left Australia, they found that Jean hadn't tried vegemite so the
owner, Otto, gave her toast with a thin spread of vegemite. 
 Her response was: "You eat this stuff? Voluntarily!?"
 --MikeW
On 10/22/06, Aaron
<<0000,0000,EEEEbeerbong>
wrote:
anyways when that song came out.
I also remember the stuff being rather evil to eat too so I was told.
-- 
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
  - Aldous Huxley=
--Apple-Mail-3-700573876--

4) From: Michael Wascher
I disagree.
It also tastes awful in small amounts.
Also in tiny amounts.
And in minisule amounts too.
Even in infintesimal amounts.
On 10/25/06, George Birchard  wrote:
<Snip>
-- 
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
  - Aldous Huxley


HomeRoast Digest