If c+s doesn't adulterate the flavor, you couldn't detect its presence or
Very few process and packaging systems exist that can deliver preground
coffee in a vehicle that prevents staling from progressing during and post
roast, including the cooling phase.
Please feel free to modify the flavor of any coffee tendered to or purchased
by you in any way you see fit. Exercise moderation or any other restraint or
not, in any degree you find pleasing.
WRT coffee flavor and aroma, fresh roasting at different levels and with
different profiles enables all the improvement one could possibly achieve
thereafter in creating the beverage.
A whirly blade grinder will disable all of the efforts extended in the
process for most brewing methods, but may be tamed in the following ways:
1. Using a Stellite rod, add weldment to the leading and cutting edges
of the blade,
2. Resharpen the blade by careful grinding,
3. Always weigh out a standard quantity of beans to grind, say,
increments of 15g,
4. Flash freeze the beans before grinding, whatever the grinding
5. Use it only for drip brewing using paper filters.
If that's all you have for 25 years you gain some pretty exact grinding
habits, wright or rong. Using that little Grind Master, I often added table
cream and a little honey to my coffee, but abandoned the vice completely
since I've resumed home roasting.
Cheers -RayO, aka Opa!
Whatever turns your crank is OK; telling others how to turn theirs is snow