This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
Good to hear Vito's back home.
What I did at first when I got Eric's group adapter/digital thermometer was
continue using my normal flushes and flash count & pull and observed the
thermometer. Then started using the thermometer temps instead of counting
from flash, and confirmed everything again with Scace Thermofilter. My
specific method/temps/timings likely won't work for your Vito, atleast I
know it won't work for Anita. Bric's much more hot blooded faster recovery
You probably won't want to just drain drip tay any ol' place outside.
Besides maybe crude It'll be water AND some grounds from post shot group
flush wiggle etc. If you've ever seen the 5 gal. bottles used for temp setup
machine drains like at competitions, yuk!
Pacific Northwest Gathering Vhttp://home.comcast.net/~mckona/PNWGV.htmKona Konnaisseur miKe mcKoffee
URL to Rosto mods, FrankenFormer, some recipes etc:http://mdmint.home.comcast.net/coffee/Rosto_mod.htmUltimately the quest for Koffee Nirvana is a solitary path. To know I must
first not know. And in knowing know I know not. Each Personal enlightenment
found exploring the many divergent foot steps of Those who have gone before.
Sweet Maria's List - Searchable Archiveshttp://themeyers.org/HomeRoast/
[mailto:homeroast-admin] On Behalf Of Mike Chester
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2007 4:20 PM
Yesterday evening, UPS delivered Vito my Vetrano that was at Chris' to be
rebuilt after my flooded kitchen. Their tech went over it completely and
replaced the entire boiler fill valve assembly with a newer model that is
supposed to be better. They also replaced the water level sensor and the
rotary pump. I did not think there was anything wrong with the pump, but
their testing showed otherwise. He also did a complete cleaning, inside and
out. The machine looks brand new again. He said that he found some black
powder inside it. This was probably carbon from a carbon filter. My filter
system was well purged before hooking up the machine, but the machine I have
was previously purchased and returned under the "buyer remorse" program.
The original owner must have hooked it up with a brand new filter. Anyway,
it is now in like new condition. I just finished hooking it up using the
leak detector unit that was discussed here recently. For those that plumb
in their machines, I would highly recommend buying one of these. It only
cost $58 delivered, which is much less than the cost of the water damage. I
tested the sensor and it is very sensitive. A very small amount of moisture
trips the shutoff. I have placed it under Vito on a paper towel. This
effectively increases the area that it covers as any water hitting the towel
will be wicked to the sensor. Right now, I am waiting for it to completely
warm up, but I have run the pump (sounds much better than the old one) and
have drawn water off from the hot water tap and steam from the steam wand.
The refill function seems much more responsive now. Just drawing off a
couple ounces of water causes it to fill. Before, I had to draw off a lot
of water to trip the fill sensor. I have not put the add on group
thermometer back on yet. The readings I was getting from it before did not
make much sense anyway. I will probably put it back on after I am sure all
is well. I also got a fitting from them to plumb in the drain, but I am not
sure if I will do that as there is no drain access nearby. I have thought
of just running a line outside and dumping it on the ground since it is
plain water, but that sounds really crude.