It's another, right? DH did the electrical teardown on this Gaggia Espresso, I yanked the boiler and took it apart. It was surprisingly clean, but there were some loose sandy bits of calcium in there. I made up a citric acid solution and scrubbed out the two halves of the boiler with a brass toothbrush - no more calcium. I also pulled the brew valve and found a piece of calcium about the size of a Rosebud match head stuck in there. Cleared that out, poured some citric acid through that too. Rinsed everything thoroughly with tapwater, reinstalled the boiler, had my EE put the wiring harness back, and fired her up. Using some (poorly roasted) LA and my usual espresso setting on the Rocky I pulled an 18-second double that's a tad sour but drinkable with a shot of heavy cream. Flipped the steam switch and nothing happened. Chances are the EE didn't put a wire back correctly but as he's at his mother's with his head under her kitchen sink to troubleshoot a disposer problem I'm in a holding pattern. But hey, it's making espresso! Thanks for all the input on the troubleshooting!