1. I asked a 2nd crack question in regards to the Australian Mountain
Top Estate I was roasting. (Thanks for the replies.) It has rested and
is now being brewed. Frankly, I do not particularly like it. Does
anyone else have any comments? This is a Big$ bean.
2. It seems this list is firmly in the fruit cake camp. I passed on
entering the draw out of dietary considerations (Alas!) Not that a
couple of slabs will kill but there is a WHOLE cake tempting away. Fruit
cake is one of those love or hate things and I have observed over many
years that there is another food item that gets this
treatment......Brussels Sprouts. I have never found anyone who is
merely indifferent to them. Love 'em or hate 'em. Is there a
connection to fruit cake? Both are high on my list of likes.
3. The suggestions for the faithful Aeropress are right on. Everyone
tinkers with these things and comes up with what works best for them. I
fill the cylinder with water for a 15 oz brew. Finer grind/shorter
extraction is a good rule of thumb too. I use Drip on the finer side.
NWC! (No Weak Coffee) I was served some of my own roast that was weak
and it was not good at all.
4. Just finished doing 4 lbs in the Behmor for assorted giving to
"discriminating" recipients complete with arty labels worked up on the
computer. It works out so well.....the beans have been paid for some
time ago, the stash is reduced providing an excuse to order up something
new. Everyone gets their Jollies.
5. To everyone......All the best for now and the coming year.
Bernard C. Gerrard