HomeRoast Digest


Topic: OT: McCharbucks?? (11 msgs / 495 lines)
1) From: David Rolenc
http://wcbstv.com/consumer/mcdonalds.starbucks.coffee.2.624988.html

2) From: John Despres
"For the consumer it's a win-win," said coffee consultant Judy Ganes. 
"There's better coffee at more locations."
Huh?
Well, the coffee's better better at my house anyway...
John
David Rolenc wrote:
<Snip>
-- 
John A C Despres
Hug your kids
616.437.9182http://www.sceneitallproductions.com

3) From: David Rossell
I'm not a real fan of Starbucks, don't get me wrong, but I think the =
chain
has done a lot to help raise the bar on "fast food" coffee.  They may
over-roast everything, but it's certainly better than the rancid =
nastiness
that McDonalds, et al. serve.
David
David Rossell
drossell
Administrator of Network Services and Planning
Norwood School
8821 River Rd.
Bethesda, MD 20817
(301) 841-2178

4) From: Bob
At least the McDonalds in the Parker CO area have come a long 
way from the truck stop coffee of past eras. Not sure if it's a 
nationwide trend, but the blend is tastier and the pots are 
cleaner. imho ~ if they can translate that upswing to a barista 
style coffee bar then good for them.
Still plan on home roasting for 99.9% of our consumption though.
Bob

5) From: Sheila Quinn
That's the quote that made me, laugh too. The truth is, there is MORE 
coffee at more locations...but not BETTER coffee!
Sheila
John Despres wrote:
<Snip>

6) From: John Despres
Before I started roasting, I did drink Mickey Dee's brew. It's not bad, 
but I can't say for sure now. For the past 8 or 9 months, I've only 
drank my own for the most part. I pass at restaurants and if in a 
situation, where I didn't or couldn't bring some to a dinner party as a 
"Hostess gift", I'll drink the host brew. Most of my friends are ready & 
willing to try what I bring along, so I'm lucky there.
McD's was better than burn dollars last I had it.
John
Bob wrote:
<Snip>
-- 
John A C Despres
Hug your kids
616.437.9182http://www.sceneitallproductions.com

7) From: TERRY TITSWORTH
I have been reading the McCharbucks remarks all day, but recall that I
saw a bit on the morning news about MickyD upgrading it's premium
coffee's in response to Charbucks vending breakfast sandwiches. They
didn't mention that McD's was using *$'s...
So do we actually have two reports here?
TerryT

8) From: John Despres
No, I think it may have become confusing. McD is not using *$ that I 
know of...
JD
TERRY TITSWORTH wrote:
<Snip>
-- 
John A C Despres
Hug your kids
616.437.9182http://www.sceneitallproductions.com

9) From: Coffee
I don't know if it's the same nationwide, but according to Wikipedia...
As of January 25, 2007, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. has  
extended its agreement with McDonald’s USA to source, roast and  
package Newman’s Own Organics Blend coffee exclusively for more than  =
600 McDonald’s restaurants in Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode  
Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine and Albany, NY. McDonald’s  
introduced Newman’s Own Organics Coffee roasted by Green Mountain to  =
its restaurants in New England and Albany, New York in October, 2005.
:-Peter
On Jan 8, 2008, at 1:56 PM, TERRY TITSWORTH wrote:
<Snip>http://sweetmarias.com/maillistinfo.html#personalsettings<Snip>

10) From: Sandra Andina
--Apple-Mail-11-333901200
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charsetNDOWS-1252;
	format=flowed;
	delsp=yes
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Green Mountain, when fresh, is actually pretty palatable.
Sandy Andina
www.myspace.com/sandyandina
On Jan 8, 2008, at 4:18 PM, Coffee wrote:
<Snip>
 
<Snip>
 
<Snip>
<Snip>http://sweetmarias.com/maillistinfo.html#personalsettings--Apple-Mail-11-333901200">http://sweetmarias.com/maillistinfo.html#personalsettings<Snip>http://sweetmarias.com/maillistinfo.html#personalsettings--Apple-Mail-11-333901200
Content-Type: text/html;
	charsetNDOWS-1252
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Green Mountain, when fresh, is =
actually pretty palatable.
 Sandy Andinawww.myspace.com/sandyandina 
On Jan 8, 2008, =
at 4:18 PM, Coffee wrote:
I don't = know if it's the same nationwide, but according to = Wikipedia... As of January 25, 2007, Green Mountain Coffee = Roasters, Inc. has extended its agreement with McDonald’s USA to = source, roast and package Newman’s Own Organics Blend coffee = exclusively for more than 600 McDonald’s restaurants in Massachusetts, = Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine and Albany, NY. = McDonald’s introduced Newman’s Own Organics Coffee roasted by Green = Mountain to its restaurants in New England and Albany, New York in = October, 2005. :-Peter On Jan 8, 2008, at 1:56 PM, TERRY = TITSWORTH wrote: I have been reading = the McCharbucks remarks all day, but recall that = I saw a bit on the morning = news about MickyD upgrading it's premium coffee's in response to Charbucks vending breakfast = sandwiches. They didn't = mention that McD's was using *$'s... So do we = actually have two reports here? TerryT -----Original = Message----- From:
homeroast-admin= s.sweetmarias.com [mailto:homeroast-adm= in] On Behalf Of Sheila = Quinn Sent: Tuesday, January = 08, 2008 2:48 PM To: homeroast= s.com Subject: Re: +OT: = McCharbucks?? That's the = quote that made me, laugh too. The truth is, there is = MORE coffee at more = locations...but not BETTER coffee! Sheila John Despres = wrote: "For the consumer it's a win-win," said coffee consultant = Judy Ganes. "There's better coffee at more = locations." Huh? homeroast mailing = list http://li=sts.sweetmarias.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast To change your personal list settings (digest = options, vacations, unsvbscribes) go to http://=sweetmarias.com/maillistinfo.html#personalsettings homeroast mailing = list http://li=sts.sweetmarias.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast To change your personal list settings (digest = options, vacations, unsvbscribes) go to http://=sweetmarias.com/maillistinfo.html#personalsettings= homeroast mailing list http://li=sts.sweetmarias.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast To change your = personal list settings (digest options, vacations, unsvbscribes) go to =http://sweetmarias.com/maillistinfo.html#personalsettings= = --Apple-Mail-11-333901200--

11) From: ray
Starbucks coffee is expensive burnt bitter swill the corner gas station has
a better cup than starbucks nasty brew! 10x cheaper too!


HomeRoast Digest