Ok, it's likely user error and the 'learning curve', but I was doing better with the heat gun... :) I think I'm under roasting perhaps... The 4 batches I've done so far have been a bit grassy??? bitter?? First oneI did one 482 to 'first crack' and then dropped to 460.. First crack was difficult to identify. 15 minutes Second was 482 beginning to end, first crack hard to identify. 13-14 minutes total Third I started at 300 for 5 minutes, 440 for 5:30, 482 until first crack and then 460... about 17 minutes total and I could actually hear first crack! I think... But it was still not very good. Lastly, I started at 300 for 5 minutes, 460 for 5:30, 482 until first crack and then back to 460... about 18:30 total, heard first crack, I don't think I every heard 2nd crack.. beans look pre 2nd crack... maybe.. I'm a rookie... this is hard... It was supposed to be easy, magical, wonderful... well, at least the process still smells great.. :) Thanks, Javaslinger Connect and share in new ways with Windows Live.