HomeRoast Digest


Topic: OT: Steve Goodman... (8 msgs / 166 lines)
1) From: John Despres
...is one of the greatest performers to grace the Midwest circuit. I =
miss him.
John
Sandy Andina wrote:
<Snip>
<Snip>
<Snip>
<Snip>
<Snip>
<Snip>
<Snip>
<Snip>
<Snip>
<Snip>
<Snip>
<Snip>
<Snip>
<Snip>
<Snip>
<Snip>
<Snip>
<Snip>
<Snip>
fee.com
<Snip>
<Snip>
<Snip>
<Snip>
fee.com
<Snip>
<Snip>
<Snip>
fee.com
<Snip>
<Snip>
<Snip>
ee.com
<Snip>
m/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=7820
<Snip>
<Snip>
e.com
<Snip>
/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=7820
<Snip>
<Snip>
-- =
John A C Despres
Hug your kids
616.437.9182
Scene It All Productions 
JDs Coffee Provoked Ramblings =
Homeroast mailing list
Homeroasthttp://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/listinfo.cgi/homeroast-sweetmariascoffee=.com
Homeroast community pictures 9upload yours!) :http://www.homeroasting.com/=gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=7820

2) From: Sandy Andina
On Apr 15, 2008, at 9:41 PM, John Despres wrote:
<Snip>
Me too!  When I was living in Seattle, about to move here to Chicago,  
my friends actually phoned up my favorite radio station at rush hour  
(knowing I'd be listening as I crossed Lake Washington from Bellevue  
back to my U. District apartment) and requested "Lincoln Park Pirates."
I'd been lucky enough to see Steve perform live several times.  The  
last time was New Year's Eve 1981-2. I was hanging out at WFMT's  
studios for their annual New Year's Eve party and jam; about 3 am  
Steve walked in, sans guitar. He took a look at my Martin M-36 and did  
a double take. "I have the same one," he exclaimed (he gallantly  
refrained from adding "...only fancier") and asked if he could borrow  
it to play on the air.  I'd like to say that I replied, "I'd be  
honored;" but it was more like "hommina hommina hommina" as I handed  
him my guitar in awe. He went into the studio and played "The  
Dutchman" and "Chicken Cordon Blues;" when he emerged and handed me  
back my guitar, thanking me, it was in the most perfect tune it had  
ever been before or has been since.
Sandy Andina
www.myspace.com/sandyandina
Homeroast mailing list
Homeroasthttp://www.homeroasting.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20">http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/listinfo.cgi/homeroast-sweetmariascoffee.comHomeroast community pictures 9upload yours!) :http://www.homeroasting.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20

3) From: Michael Dhabolt
Sandy,
Lincoln Park Pirates, what a great cut.  Can't remember the last time
I heard it.  I'm getting an overpowering urge to dust off the
turntable and listen to a little John Prine.
Mike (just plain)
Homeroast mailing list
Homeroasthttp://www.homeroasting.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20">http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/listinfo.cgi/homeroast-sweetmariascoffee.comHomeroast community pictures 9upload yours!) :http://www.homeroasting.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20

4) From: Sandy Andina
My band does "If Your Life Was On Videotape," "Paradise," and "That's  
The Way That the World Goes Round."  In fact, my other band does  
"Paradise," too. (I play dulcimer on both versions).
On Apr 15, 2008, at 11:11 PM, Michael Dhabolt wrote:
<Snip>
Sandy Andina
www.myspace.com/sandyandina
Homeroast mailing list
Homeroasthttp://www.homeroasting.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20">http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/listinfo.cgi/homeroast-sweetmariascoffee.comHomeroast community pictures 9upload yours!) :http://www.homeroasting.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20

5) From: Bonnie Polkinghorn
I have the CD of Steve Goodman's Somebody Else's Trouble and left it
in my husband's car last summer when he was driving my 7 and 8 year
old boys to camp.  What a hoot to hear them singing those Steve
Goodman songs, it melts my heart.
Bonnie P.
On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 9:50 PM, Sandy Andina  wrote:
<Snip>
Homeroast mailing list
Homeroasthttp://www.homeroasting.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20">http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/listinfo.cgi/homeroast-sweetmariascoffee.comHomeroast community pictures 9upload yours!) :http://www.homeroasting.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20

6) From: Sandy Andina
....and the torch is passed (smile).
On Apr 16, 2008, at 12:17 AM, Bonnie Polkinghorn wrote:
<Snip>
Sandy Andina
www.myspace.com/sandyandina
Homeroast mailing list
Homeroasthttp://www.homeroasting.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20">http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/listinfo.cgi/homeroast-sweetmariascoffee.comHomeroast community pictures 9upload yours!) :http://www.homeroasting.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20

7) From: Brian Kamnetz
"My Old Man", by Stevie Goodman:http://www.cobo.org/goodman/siip.html#myolmanBrian
On 4/16/08, Sandy Andina  wrote:
<Snip>
Homeroast mailing list
Homeroasthttp://www.homeroasting.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20">http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/listinfo.cgi/homeroast-sweetmariascoffee.comHomeroast community pictures 9upload yours!) :http://www.homeroasting.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20

8) From: Michael Dhabolt
I just recieved this from Susan:
hi michael
i am having some challenges posting on the list-changed computers and
haven't set up the new lap top
just wanted to say that "you tube" has  a few great performances of
steve goodman and that that site is soooo amazing to show old footage
people have filmed on home cameras over the years
i perosnally had checked out some of richie havens stuff and it led me to steve
so if you could post that suggestion to the list members  they can see
at least 5 of steve's songs
cheers
susan oppenheim/toronto
Homeroast mailing list
Homeroasthttp://www.homeroasting.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20">http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/listinfo.cgi/homeroast-sweetmariascoffee.comHomeroast community pictures 9upload yours!) :http://www.homeroasting.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20


HomeRoast Digest