Want to wake the dead? Here's my most recent coffee venture:
1. roasted SM Yemen Mokha Matari to FC and rested in vacuum bag for 6 days.
2. ground this to powder, aka Turkish grind, in a Zass.
3. boiled an Ibrik nearly full of water (10oz) and put in about 14 grams of
the coffee powder.
4. allowed this to foam up three times and then stirred in a rounded
tablespoon of organic cane sugar.
5. poured entire slop into a big mug and let the coffee settle and sipped
off the top.
6. stayed very "awake" for the next 8 hours.
7. Flavors were chocolatey and tart, earthiness, wild thanginess. Thick Body
"out the wazzooo!" Loads of oils on top. I found the best flavor in the
middle to bottom of the cup. At some point I added a tablespoon of water
just to thin out the body.
It's not an everyday cup, but it will break up any monotony.
Homeroast mailing list
Homeroasthttp://www.homeroasting.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20">http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/listinfo.cgi/homeroast-sweetmariascoffee.comHomeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :http://www.homeroasting.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20