HomeRoast Digest


Topic: what's up??? (15 msgs / 588 lines)
1) From: Greg Rothschild
Is it normal to receive about 25% of the messages that are actually 
posted to this group? Looking on-line at the digest I see many many more 
messages are going out compared to what I receive and sometimes the 
messages I do receive are empty. Any suggestions on what I can do to 
make things work properly here?
Greghttp://www.gregrothschild.comOn 3/14/2011 9:32 AM, Tom Ulmer wrote:
<Snip>
Homeroast mailing list
Homeroasthttp://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20">http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.comHomeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20

2) From: Joseph Robertson
Greg,
I'm not sure what properly means to you, I have more messages than I can
keep up as it is. Please don't fix anything.
JR
On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 9:49 AM, Greg Rothschild wrote:
<Snip>
-- 
Joseph Robertson
Sasquatch Coffee Roasters
Craft Coffee Roasting by Design
joe http://www.jolindas.com(360)521-3104     PO Box 451 Stevenson,Washington 98648 USA
Homeroast mailing list
Homeroasthttp://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20">http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.comHomeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20

3) From: Jim Gundlach
Greg,
    Have you checked to see if your email program is directing any of them to trash?  It sometimes happens.
        pecan jim 
On Mar 14, 2011, at 11:49 AM, Greg Rothschild wrote:
<Snip>
Homeroast mailing list
Homeroasthttp://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20">http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.comHomeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20

4) From: Lynne
I got a couple of blank emails today, too. Didn't think much of it til I saw
a reply to one that had nothing in it!
On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 2:12 PM, Jim Gundlach wrote:
<Snip>
Homeroast mailing list
Homeroasthttp://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20">http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.comHomeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20

5) From: Greg Rothschild
I'm writing this in the hopes it goes thru...
I saw those empty ones come thru and saw that a message I sent several 
days ago never made it so I looked at the digest on-line and saw many 
many messages were sent in that I never saw. I'm new here so don't know 
if this is normal or not, hence my post. I joined because I've got a 
year of roasting experience and am wanting to learn more (and more!). I 
saw from the digest that there's lots of experienced folks here so I 
guess if the message system doesn't work I'll just read the messages 
on-line and keep my questions to myself. Not perfect but better than 
nothing.
Greghttp://www.gregrothschild.comOn 3/14/2011 1:11 PM, Lynne wrote:
<Snip>
Homeroast mailing list
Homeroasthttp://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20">http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.comHomeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20

6) From: Greg Rothschild
Thanks Jim. I checked that- no luck.
Greghttp://www.gregrothschild.comOn 3/14/2011 11:12 AM, Jim Gundlach wrote:
<Snip>
Homeroast mailing list
Homeroasthttp://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20">http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.comHomeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20

7) From: Greg Rothschild
Uh- not sure if you're being serious or not but "properly" means that I 
get the messages that go out, as opposed to 25% of the messages that go out.
Greghttp://www.gregrothschild.comOn 3/14/2011 10:21 AM, Joseph Robertson wrote:
<Snip>
Homeroast mailing list
Homeroasthttp://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20">http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.comHomeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20

8) From: Joseph Robertson
New security settings, ;^)
No messages/ no viruses.
My bad....
On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 1:11 PM, Lynne  wrote:
<Snip>
-- 
Joseph Robertson
Sasquatch Coffee Roasters
Craft Coffee Roasting by Design
joe http://www.jolindas.com(360)521-3104     PO Box 451 Stevenson,Washington 98648 USA
Homeroast mailing list
Homeroasthttp://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20">http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.comHomeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20

9) From: Peter Louton
So did your fingers get the best of you?
Peter
Need to start playing with the Homeroast Challenge beans...espresso blend hmm.....blend and roast or roast and blend
-- Sent from my Palm Pre
On Mar 14, 2011 17:51, Joseph Robertson <theotherjo> wrote: 
New security settings, ;^)
No messages/ no viruses.
My bad....
On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 1:11 PM, Lynne <lynnebiz> wrote:
> I got a couple of blank emails today, too. Didn't think much of it til I
> saw
> a reply to one that had nothing in it!
>
>
>
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 2:12 PM, Jim Gundlach <pecanjim
> >wrote:
>
> > Greg,
> >    Have you checked to see if your email program is directing any of them
> > to trash?  It sometimes happens.
> >        pecan jim
> > On Mar 14, 2011, at 11:49 AM, Greg Rothschild wrote:
> >
> > > Is it normal to receive about 25% of the messages that are actually
> > posted to this group? Looking on-line at the digest I see many many more
> > messages are going out compared to what I receive and sometimes the
> messages
> > I do receive are empty. Any suggestions on what I can do to make things
> work
> > properly here?
> > >
> > > Greg
> > >
> > >
> > >http://www.gregrothschild.com> > >
> > >
> > > On 3/14/2011 9:32 AM, Tom Ulmer wrote:
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> Homeroast mailing list
> > >> Homeroast
> > >>
> >
>http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.com> > >> Homeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :
> >http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20> > >>
> > >
> > >
> > > Homeroast mailing list
> > > Homeroast
> > >
> >
>http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.com> > > Homeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :
> >http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20> >
> >
> >
> > Homeroast mailing list
> > Homeroast
> >
> >
>http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.com> > Homeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :
> >http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20> >
>
> Homeroast mailing list
> Homeroast
>
>http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.com> Homeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :
>http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20>
-- 
Joseph Robertson
Sasquatch Coffee Roasters
Craft Coffee Roasting by Design
joe <http://www.jolindas.com>http://www.jolindas.com
(360)521-3104     PO Box 451 Stevenson,Washington 98648 USA
Homeroast mailing list
Homeroasthttp://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20Homeroast mailing list">http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.comHomeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20Homeroast mailing list
Homeroasthttp://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20">http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.comHomeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20

10) From: Joseph Robertson
Peter
both espresso roasting methods produce good espresso. Roasting each bean
will give you more control on the end result but take 2x 3x as much time to
produce the result depending on how many different beans you use in your
blend.
Much has been posted and written on this subject.
Have fun,
Joe
On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Peter Louton http://www.jolindas.com(360)521-3104     PO Box 451 Stevenson,Washington 98648 USA
Homeroast mailing list
Homeroasthttp://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20">http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.comHomeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20

11) From: Joseph Robertson
Do you mean Go out from Tom's list server?
Joe
On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 1:27 PM, Greg Rothschild wrote:
<Snip>
-- 
Joseph Robertson
Sasquatch Coffee Roasters
Craft Coffee Roasting by Design
joe http://www.jolindas.com(360)521-3104     PO Box 451 Stevenson,Washington 98648 USA
Homeroast mailing list
Homeroasthttp://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20">http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.comHomeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20

12) From: Peter Louton
Hi Greg,
Welcome :-) I'm a newbie myself with about 3 years of home roasting experience.  I keep learning everytime I roast.  Currently use a Behmor and have been very happy with it.  The Quest M3 sounds great, would fit nicely in my automobile stable next to my other 2 M3's, and like them, it sounds very hands on, but I like the semi-automatic settings of the Behmor.  I started out using my convection oven and really liked how it worked, but the smoke was just too much.  I have learned so much from this list and they have been very helpful not only in roasting, but also in enjoying my coffee.  
Peter
-- Sent from my Palm Pre
On Mar 15, 2011 12:10, Greg Rothschild <greg> wrote: 
I'm writing this in the hopes it goes thru...
I saw those empty ones come thru and saw that a message I sent several 
days ago never made it so I looked at the digest on-line and saw many 
many messages were sent in that I never saw. I'm new here so don't know 
if this is normal or not, hence my post. I joined because I've got a 
year of roasting experience and am wanting to learn more (and more!). I 
saw from the digest that there's lots of experienced folks here so I 
guess if the message system doesn't work I'll just read the messages 
on-line and keep my questions to myself. Not perfect but better than 
nothing.
Greghttp://www.gregrothschild.comOn 3/14/2011 1:11 PM, Lynne wrote:
> I got a couple of blank emails today, too. Didn't think much of it til I saw
> a reply to one that had nothing in it!
>
>
>
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 2:12 PM, Jim Gundlach<pecanjim>wrote:
>
>> Greg,
>>     Have you checked to see if your email program is directing any of them
>> to trash?  It sometimes happens.
>>         pecan jim
>> On Mar 14, 2011, at 11:49 AM, Greg Rothschild wrote:
>>
>>> Is it normal to receive about 25% of the messages that are actually
>> posted to this group? Looking on-line at the digest I see many many more
>> messages are going out compared to what I receive and sometimes the messages
>> I do receive are empty. Any suggestions on what I can do to make things work
>> properly here?
>>> Greg
>>>
>>>
>>>http://www.gregrothschild.com>>>
>>>
>>> On 3/14/2011 9:32 AM, Tom Ulmer wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Homeroast mailing list
>>>> Homeroast
>>>>
>>http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.com>>>> Homeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :
>>http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20>>>
>>> Homeroast mailing list
>>> Homeroast
>>>
>>http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.com>>> Homeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :
>>http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20>>
>>
>>
>> Homeroast mailing list
>> Homeroast
>>
>>http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.com>> Homeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :
>>http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20>>
>
> Homeroast mailing list
> Homeroast
>http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20>">http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.com> Homeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20>
Homeroast mailing list
Homeroasthttp://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20Homeroast mailing list">http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.comHomeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20Homeroast mailing list
Homeroasthttp://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20">http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.comHomeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20

13) From: peterz
Hello list,
A lurker here, but I still enjoy roasting coffee and only buy beans from 
SM now.
The question I have is not to unsubscribe, as I want to keep the email 
coming, but how do I change the address my email is sent to?
I wrote to SM but they keep sending to the above address.
My new address is peterz5743, and npg cable will not forward 
after I turn it off at the end of the month.
Cheers,
PeterZ,
Soon to move to MA, from here in Lake Havasu City, AZ
On 3/14/2011 10:21 AM, Joseph Robertson wrote:
<Snip>
Homeroast mailing list
Homeroasthttp://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20">http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.comHomeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20

14) From: Ira
At 05:27 PM 3/16/2011, you wrote:
<Snip>
I believe you need to un-subscribe from one address and re-subscribe 
from the other.  Just follow the link at the bottom or here it is if 
you can't find it.
<Snip>
Ira
Homeroast mailing list
Homeroasthttp://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20">http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.comHomeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20

15) From: Tom & Maria - Sweet Maria's Coffee
Maybe I can change it for you Peter - I will try
Tom
<Snip>
-- 
-Tom
Sweet Maria's Coffee  -  Oakland, California  - http://www.sweetmarias.comHomeroast mailing list
Homeroasthttp://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20">http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.comHomeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemIdx20


HomeRoast Digest